Do you feel an overpowering sense of stress or grief? A feeling that overshadows your whole being.
Dealing with the grief caused by a traumatic event can feel paralysing as things that happened in our past can have a huge impact on our mental wellbeing. While there are numerous treatment options for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Cognitive Processing Therapy, they don’t appeal to everyone.
Hypnotherapy can be a great treatment option for those living with the symptoms of PTSD as well as symptoms of other anxiety disorders.
In this article, we will put some light on PTSD and the use of hypnotherapy for PTSD.
What is PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)?
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that’s triggered by a terrifying event — either experiencing it or witnessing it.
An accumulation of stress almost always builds up and leads to symptoms like nightmares, sweating, feeling on edge and extreme anxiety.
You may feel as though you have no control over how your body and mind react to post-traumatic triggers. It’s like they show up without warning, releasing distressing past experiences we might no longer be aware of.
PTSD frequently goes undiagnosed by the medical profession and even in the psychological community.
Signs of PTSD:
- Unwanted memories of the traumatic event
- Negative thinking and mood swings
- Emotions of hopelessness
- Panic attacks
- Trouble maintaining close relationships
- Sleep troubles
- Irritability or aggressive behaviour
- Suicidal ideation or action
Hypnotherapy: A remedy for PTSD!
Hypnotherapy for PTSD is an evidence-based cure and can meritoriously treat the signs as well as the fundamental causes. In addition, hypnotherapy offers controlled access to memories that may otherwise be kept out of realization.
Some of the ways that hypnotherapy is effectively used in the treatment of PTSD is by:
- Reprogramming of traumatic memories and negative experiences
- Removal of the triggers that set off anxiety and panic
- Reprogramming your response to triggering thoughts and situations that may have held you back for years.
- Helping to strengthen the memories into a more organized storage system in the subconscious mind so that the memories become less disturbing. and less prevailing.
Results of several studies on hypnotherapy for PTSD:
- A 2001 report detailed the successful treatment of a British war veteran who had undergone severe PTSD symptoms for over 40 years. After undergoing a hypnotherapy session, the suffering individual was feeling better and almost free of all the symptoms. He was able to carry on better interpersonal relationships and maintain harmonious contact with family and friends.
- Effectiveness of the hypnosis on the children who witnessed a terrorist attack in Bali in 2002 and were suffering from PTSD mentioned that 77% improvement was reported.
- A 2013 meta-analysis looked at six experiments that tested the efficacy of hypnosis on PTSD. It found that hypnosis had both short- and long-term success in improving PTSD symptoms.
- A study done in 2019 showed that women who experienced PTSD from sexual abuse reported reduced symptoms after having hypnotherapy.
Hypnotherapy can be a great and mindful technique used to treat a PTSD patient. The tools and techniques of hypnotherapy can transform the way you process memories from prior events in your life. It enables you to resolve the symptoms of post-traumatic stress and to learn to put your past behind you so that you can finally be free from their dark cloud and return to a normal family, work and social life with a positive outlook on the future.
To live with complete calm and confidence and to let go of your past traumas and create a brighter future contact Marcelle at Enlighten My Health by clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/callwithMarcelle